The Engine is a new initiative providing practical business support to Auckland's start-ups, and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). To celebrate its launch, The Engine is offering free training workshops until the end of May, with proven strategies and practical advice being delivered by experienced business owners.
You can find full details of all the workshops on The Engine's Business Training Calendar. Until 31st May, you can attend any of the 2-hour workshops for FREE by using the code ENG100, and receive a 50% discount on any 4-hour workshop by using the code ENG50.
I'm delighted that Writesphere is one of The Engine's specialist providers, and I'm really looking forward to sharing some valuable insights and common sense strategies during my workshops, which are:
Topics covered include:
- Defining your customers
- Why you need to see through their eyes and talk their language
- The importance of delivering a clear, consistent and relevant message across all your marketing - in print, online and face-to-face
- What not to write (in other words, how to avoid alienating your readers)
- The real benefits of writing a regular blog
You'll leave with practical tips that will help you immediately improve your marketing message.
Dates & venues:
12th May, 9.00 am until 11.00 am, YMCA North Shore, 5 Akoranga Drive, Northcote 0627
29th May, 9.00 am until 11.00 am, Framework, 51 Huia Road, Otahuhu 1062
Speaking with Confidence
How to deliver a clear & relevant message in 60 seconds
Glossophobia is the fear of public speaking. It regularly features towards the top of any phobia list.
However, the value of attending regular networking meetings is undeniable. It's your chance to promote your services and build a strong support team around you.
- Simple techniques to help you overcome your fear of speaking in public
- To recognise the real potential of a 60 second presentation
- The rookie mistakes (aka the stuff you shouldn't be saying)
- 3 key elements of a great presentation
You'll also craft a presentation for use at your next networking event.
(Please note: this session is focused on verbal 60 second presentations, and does not include training on Powerpoint or similar software.)
Dates & venues:
17th May, 9.00 am until 11.00 am, Framework, 51 Huia Road, Otahuhu 1062
22nd June, 9.00 am until 11.00 am, YMCA North Shore, 5 Akoranga Drive, Northcote 0627
After 31st May, 2-hour workshops are keenly priced at just $60 (+GST) to ensure that they are as accessible as possible.
If you would like to know more about how The Engine could help you and your business, please either get in touch via the website or phone (09) 869 3761.